What do lithium batteries, particle acceleration, and cancer research have in common? Stanford scientists have been at the forefront of major breakthroughs in each of these areas, and more.
At Stanford Pre-Collegiate Studies, young students passionate about the sciences have can explore the world of scientific discovery. We have a number of programs that focus on the sciences.
- Stanford Pre-Collegiate Summer Institutes is a residential program of intensive, enrichment courses, including courses in Theory of Relativity, Java & Robotics, Engineering, Cosmology, Artificial Intelligence, and Bioscience & Biotechnology.
- Discovering Medicine @ Stanford brings together students with a passion for medical science for an interactive 3-day conference on the Stanford campus.
- Stanford High School Summer College gives high school students a chance to enroll as a Stanford student during the summer quarter and earn college credit. Courses include: Sports Science, Device Design, and Social Psychology.
- Stanford University-Level Online Math & Physics offer largely self-paced courses designed for students who have advanced beyond AP Physics and want to earn Continuing Studies credit.
- Stanford AI4ALL (formerly SAILORS) engages 9th-grade young women in the ever-evolving study of artificial intelligence.
For other opportunities at Stanford please refer to the Stanford Office of Science Outreach.